- St. Jude families give thanks
- We won't stop until no child dies of cancer
- Mary Browder and Marlo's Kmart shopping spree
- Cancer took Olivia's eyesight. St. Jude gave it back.
- Thanksgiving week: Get to know our patients on the TODAY show
- Kay Jewelers discusses St. Jude on NBC's TODAY show
- Keeping families whole
- A campaign celebration on Times Square
- Saving all children
- Three things you should know about St. Jude research
- Our worldwide reach
- 'Possibilities' - inspired by a St. Jude patient
- Celebrating daily life
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude
Rewriting the book on childhood cancer
When St. Jude Children's Research Hospital opened its doors in 1962, the overall childhood cancer survival rate was 20 percent. A diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common childhood cancer, was a virtual death sentence. Over the past 50 years, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate to 80 percent, and St. Jude researchers have helped push the survival rate of ALL from 4 percent to 94 percent.
Over the next decade, St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, spearheaded by such endeavors as the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital – Washington University Pediatric Cancer Genome Project.
What's more, St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Unlike any other hospital, the majority of funding for St. Jude comes from everyday people. Thanks to its generous donors, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. We won't stop until no child dies from cancer. Find out how you can help.
You can make all the differenceThere are many ways to help, and every little bit counts. Find out what you can do to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude.
Give monthlyGiving monthly is quick, easy and helps ensure that no family ever receives a bill from St. Jude for anything. St. Jude Partners In Hope receive special benefits such as monthly patient stories.
Become a monthly donor.