- Kmart treats patient families to shopping spree
- Expedia 'Find Yours' campaign to help St. Jude find cures
- Brooks Brothers shopping event supports St. Jude
- Kay Jewelers on the TODAY show
- Be social for St. Jude this holiday season
- St. Jude kids and Kmart open trading on the NASDAQ market
- Empire State Building shines green for Thanks and Giving
- St. Jude Thanks and Giving kicks off on NBC's TODAY show Thanksgiving week
- Put saving children's lives on your holiday list
- Show your support for St. Jude during Buzz Day
- New season of success for the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign
Kmart treats patient families to shopping spree
This holiday season, Kmart invited two patient families—one to New York and one to Los Angeles—to have the shopping experience of a lifetime with Food Network star Sandra Lee and Hollywood icon Jaclyn Smith.
St. Jude patient Brooke with Jaclyn Smith
The special event--also part of Kmart's Decorate It Forward campaign, which encourages people to do nice deeds for others--had St. Jude patients Brooke in a Los Angeles Kmart and Keshuan in a New York Kmart shopping alongside Smith and Lee for toys to send back to the kids of St. Jude.
"We were blown away by the generosity of Kmart and the beauty and grace of Jaclyn Smith,” said Brooke’s mother, Laila. “As a St. Jude family, words cannot express our gratitude for Kmart's interest in making such a positive difference in the lives of St. Jude patients and their families. The gifts they selected will make a huge impact on St. Jude patients currently at the hospital and unable to go home for the holidays.”
"Our holiday season at Kmart would not be the same without St. Jude Children's Research Hospital,” said Clay Wahl, senior vice president of Kmart Retail Services. “We're always humbled by the outpouring of support from our customers and associates and are so proud to have raised more than $35 million since our relationship began.”
In addition, as part of a Shop Your Way Rewards sweepstakes, Kmart gave away a similar shopping experience to two lucky people, one to shop with Smith and one with Lee. Each also received a $1,000 gift card.
Kmart has been a long-time partner with the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign and for the last three years has been the top corporate fundraiser for the hospital. Kmart also hosts media events such as this to help raise awareness for the hospital.
Put St. Jude kids on your listShopping for the holidays? Don’t forget to give to the kids of St. Jude! Our partners make it easy for you to help save the lives of children with cancer and other deadly diseases while you complete your shopping list.
See who's supporting us.
Give monthlyGiving monthly is quick, easy and helps ensure that no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. St. Jude Partners In Hope receive special benefits such as monthly patient stories.
Become a monthly donor.